CS Santosh out of Dakar 2016
CS Santosh's Dakar hopes come to a halt at the end of Stage 4 of the rally
While we had earlier reported that CS Santosh appeared to be having trouble during the fourth stage of the 2016 Dakar, we now know that the trouble is terminal. Santosh is now out of the 2016 Dakar, with a broken navigation tower on his Suzuki 450 Rally. The motorcycle's electricals are also shot, making it impossible for the Indian rider to continue in the event.
Santosh had started Stage 2 of the Dakar 127th, and managed to make his way to 97th place in the standings. From there, he managed to improve, finishing 61st in Stage 3, that elevated him all the way to 79th overall.
But the fourth stage proved to be Santosh's undoing. He finished 2hr 45min behind the winner of the stage, somehow managing to finish the Special Stage. And given that the Stage is a marathon stage, with no mechanics allowed, a broken navigation tower and shot electricals seems to be the point of no repair.
We'll have more details for you soon.
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900