Custom Land Rover Discovery Sport to aid Rapid Response disaster relief in India
Land Rover India has completed 10 years in the country. An important milestone for the British automobile manufacturer in the country. To commemorate this important milestone, Land Rover has specially developed a Discovery Sport SUV that has been loaned to Rapid Response, an NGO that specialises in disaster management and relief. This special iteration of the SUV will be used by the NGO in the monsoon as an emergency responder, providing rescue and medical assistance, to distributing food and relief kits to vulnerable communities in natural crisis across India.
"Land Rover vehicles, such as Discovery Sport are renowned for their capability in tackling difficult terrains and situations caused by floods and other such catastrophic events. On the occasion of completion of 10 years of Jaguar Land Rover in India, we are proud to offer a Land Rover to aid the team at Rapid Response in their efforts to help victims of such natural calamities in India." commented, Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd. (JLRIL).
Mohamad Farukh, CEO, Rapid Response, commented, "India is one of the most disaster-prone countries in the world. At Rapid Response, we aim at providing immediate, effective and sustainable support for the victims of natural disasters. Equipped with capability and technology of Land Rover, we are confident in providing more timely and effective assistance in disaster-stricken situations."
While the Land Rover Discovery Sport is a capable off-roader that comes equipped with the latest in terms of feature and luxury, the vehicle handed over to Rapid Response has been provided with additional features such as a luggage carrier, luggage partition, tow rope and more, to ensure immediate assistance in affected areas.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055