Daimler increases its stake in Aston Martin
In the interest of deepening its association with Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz will be providing the British sports carmaker with electronic and electric parts along with developing special V8 engines for future Aston Martin vehicles. Mercedes' parent company Daimler already holds a four per cent stake in Aston Martin. Informal reports suggest that Daimler is all set to increase its share in Aston by one per cent.
Currently a new engine is being developed for Aston by Mercedes' AMG division. In addition to this, Mercedes is also known to have supplied Aston with electrical components. It is believed that the two will also share platforms in the future which could underpin the new GTs.
This deal between the British and German company has been brokered by InvestIndustrial, the same firm which owns a 37.5 per cent stake in Aston. InvestIndustrial brought this in early 2013.They also brokered a similar deal between Ducati and AMG and later sold the former to the VW group.
We expect Daimler to further increase its stake in Aston in the near future.
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019