Daimler India launches the SHD 2436
Truck manufacturer Daimler AG's Indian subsidiary Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd. (DICV) on Tuesday launched their new Super High Deck (SHD) 2436, manufactured in Oragadam the coach is 15 meter long and has a seating capacity of up to 61 passengers along with a large storage space of about 14 cubic meter.
Markus Villinger, managing director, Daimler Buses India said, "This product, being the longest coach in the country built with strong features, is sure to set benchmarks in ultra-luxury travel. We are excited to be offering a state-of-theart vehicle concept to the Indian market. Inter-city travel becomes more safe, comfortable and modern."
The coach is made of a unique 'aluminique' body design patented by the company which prevents corrosion and has a bolted construction which is more rigid and helps prevent cracking through welds. An intelligent ECU controlling the engine and a high pressure common rail injection pump offers high fuel-efficiency.
The buses get an active steerable tag axle which uses hydraulics to reduce the transfer of weight to the drive axle in heavy vehicles and also reduces the turning circle of the vehicle which makes navigating through sharp turns and bends effortless, they also gets Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a strategically placed fuel tank for added safety.
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India