Daimler India to launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV), which is a fully-owned Indian subsidiary of Daimler AG, will launch over 50 products in the year 2019. The products will be for domestic as well as international markets.
"We are working on our exports product portfolio and would launch 25 to 35 new products to fill the white spaces. In total (exports+domestic), we will launch 52 products this year," said Satyakam Arya, MD and CEO, DICV in an interview with ETAuto.
"We are working on our exports product portfolio and would launch 25 to 35 new products to fill the white spaces. In total (export+domestic), we will launch 52 products this year. We were waiting for such an opportunity. We have already been exporting BS-VI compliant vehicles in the overseas market, thus we can be the front runner to bring products compliant with new safety and emission norms," he added.
When asked about the company's plans for electrification, Arya said that the company will introduce the product on the aptest time. DICV exports Bharat Benz, Mercedes Benz, Freightliner and Fuso trucks. In 2018, DICV produced 30,000 units of which 23 per cent were exported to over 50 countries.
- News2020 Audi RS Q8 bookings open in India
- NewsTata Nexon EV now available on subscription, rentals start from Rs 41,900 per month
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol: Prices and Variants explained
- News2020 Mahindra Thar India reveal confirmed for August 15
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar