Daimler India to launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV), which is a fully-owned Indian subsidiary of Daimler AG, will launch over 50 products in the year 2019. The products will be for domestic as well as international markets.
"We are working on our exports product portfolio and would launch 25 to 35 new products to fill the white spaces. In total (exports+domestic), we will launch 52 products this year," said Satyakam Arya, MD and CEO, DICV in an interview with ETAuto.
"We are working on our exports product portfolio and would launch 25 to 35 new products to fill the white spaces. In total (export+domestic), we will launch 52 products this year. We were waiting for such an opportunity. We have already been exporting BS-VI compliant vehicles in the overseas market, thus we can be the front runner to bring products compliant with new safety and emission norms," he added.
When asked about the company's plans for electrification, Arya said that the company will introduce the product on the aptest time. DICV exports Bharat Benz, Mercedes Benz, Freightliner and Fuso trucks. In 2018, DICV produced 30,000 units of which 23 per cent were exported to over 50 countries.
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC Coupe to launch in India on March 3
- News2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace SUV to be launched in India on March 6
- NewsMaserati MC20 supercar to be globally launched in May 2020
- ReviewBSVI Honda Activa 6G first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire luxury MPV to launch on February 26 in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055