Dakar 2015: CS Santosh classified 55th in Stage 9
CS Santosh has had to deal with a lot of unusual and out of the ordinary events, that are, at least at a rally raid like the Dakar, considered par for the course. The Indian rider who pilots a KTM 450 Rally for the Kini Red Bull Team had to deal with a broken toe, multiple crashes that see both his shoulders impacted and nearly being swept away by a river during a water crossing at the treacherous Dakar! But he's proved his mettle as a rider and has soldiered on.
CS Santosh is currently ranked 42nd overall in the motorcycle category of the 2015 Dakar Rally
Going into the ninth stage of the rally, Santosh was ranked 32nd overall, having finished Stage 8 in 42nd position. However, that changed on the tricky Stage 9 during which competitors traveled through the Atacama Desert. Santosh picked up a 40 minute penalty (we aren't sure of the reason for this but will update this as soon as we know) and found himself ranked no higher than 55th in the stage.
Even so, as the rally now heads from Calama to Cachi for the tenth stage, Santosh is ranked 42nd overall. He will be hoping to improve on that position though.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far