Dakar 2015: CS Santosh climbs up the overall rankings, from 42nd to 38th
After the vagaries of the Atacama Desert, stage 10 of the Dakar 2015 spanning the stretch from Calama to Cachi proceeded a tad more smoothly for its riders. HRC rider Joan Barreda capitalised on the opportunity with a stage win. Defending Dakar champion, Marc Coma, finished at a close second position, thereby maintaining his lead.
The Sherco TVS riders, however, were only recovering from the disaster that struck at stage 9 when Alain Duclos' RTR 450 came to stop due to some mechanical niggles, causing him and his team-mate Fabien Planet to slip to 22nd and 32nd overall, respectively. At Cachi, Duclos managed to finish at 14th bringing up his overall ranking to 20th. Planet, meanwhile, finished six places below his team-mate.
Kini Redbull Team rider CS Santosh who went into the ninth stage ranked 42nd overall, sped to a 36th stage finish on his KTM 450 Rally motorcycle. This means that the Indian rider will be going into the eleventh stage to Buenos Aires with an overall position of 38.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for more updates from Dakar 2015.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids