Dakar 2015: Duclos 9th overall for Sherco TVS after Stage 6
As the sixth stage of the Dakar proceeded from Antofagasta to Iquique, the motorcycle riders and quad riders had an extra session to tackle. The terrain was endurance like with tracks and ridges that overlooked the ocean followed by a chain of sand dunes that run along the coast. Finally, the competitors would arrive at the bivouac having stopped at the centre of Iquique for a podium ceremony and to greet the fans gathered there. So it was too for the Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team's two riders Frenchmen Alain Duclos and Fabien Planet.
Duclos has taken Sherco TVS into the Top 10 at the halfway point of the 2015 Dakar
Alain Duclos, for one, has proved to be Mr Consistency, powering through into the top 10 on nearly every stage of the rally, therefore also maintaining his position in the overall standings. The sixth stage of the Dakar was no different then. Duclos riding the RTR 450 managed to take the motorcycle to 12th in the stage with a timing of 3hr 56min 14sec, 16min 04sec behind stage winner Helder Rodrigues.
This performance puts Duclos firmly in the top 10, with the rider currently ranked ninth overall in the motorcycle category of the event.
Duclos' team-mate, Fabien Planet has been consistent too. In what is only his second attempt at the Dakar, the rider has managed to keep within the top 25 on a regular basis. The sixth stage of the event was no different, with Planet managing to finish 27th. This currently puts him 22nd in the overall rankings in the motorcycle category.
We're sure the boffins at TVS are pleased with the way things have progressed in the Dakar thus far, but with the rally only at the halfway mark, there's still half the way to go. And Sherco TVS have their work cut out for them. But with riders like Duclos and Planet, there's still a good chance that we'll see a top 10 finish at the close of the event.
Photo credit: Shakedown Team
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10