Dakar 2015: Duclos ninth for Sherco TVS in Stage 5
Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team's Alain Duclos continued his impressive performance in the 2015 Dakar Rally during the fifth stage of the event. The rider, who has several Dakar starts to his credit, moved steadily through the stage that led from Copiapo to Antofagasta on his No.14 RTR 450. By the first check point he was already ahead of rivals like Ruben Faria and continued to make steady progress through the stage. This ensured that he finished the stage ninth. A timing of 4hr 48min and 13sec put him 9min 57sec behind stage winner Marc Coma. This was despite the fact that his arms were bothering him and hurting as he tackled the terrain, but the confident rally raid rider that he is, Duclos says he plans to calmly progress further in the rally.
More steady performances as the 2015 Dakar progresses from Duclos on the Sherco TVS RTR 450
Duclos' extremely strong progress over the course of the rally also sees him currently ranked 11th overall in the motorcycle category of the event, 44min 12sec behind overall leader Joan Barreda Bort.
The other Sherco TVS RTR 450 has also been maintaining its rather steady performance in the rally. Fabien Planet managed to finish the stage 26th, 35 minutes behind the stage winner. However, this also puts him 23rd overall in the standings, seeing him more or less maintain his place in the rankings so far. Planet for one was pleased with his own performance, saying that the terrain that they had in the stage suited his style of riding. For now he is looking more comfortable in the Dakar, and is hoping to continue his strong performance.
Photo credit: Shakedown Team
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers