Dakar 2016: Marcos Patronelli wins Stage 4 in quad category
Two-time Dakar winner Marcos Patronelli took victory in the quad class in Stage 4 of Dakar 2016
It was a good day for Argentinian rider Marcos Patronelli. The two-time Dakar winner took his first stage win of the 2016 edition of the event, with victory on Stage 4. Patronelli finished 16 seconds over nearest rival Alexis Hernandez. Finishing third in the stage was Chilean rider Ignacio Casale.
In the overall standings of the event, it is Casale who still holds the lead. Marcelo Medieros is currently second in the overall standings, with Alejandro Patronelli third overall.
Antoine Meo was the top-placed KTM rider in the event
The battle in the motorcycle category fell once again to the HRC riders. It was Joan Barreda Bort who was fastest during the tricky Stage 4, but a little too fast in some parts. Having been caught speeding, for the second time in as many stages, Bort was slapped with a penalty. This meant that the stage win went to his team-mate Paulo Goncalves.
Barreda Bort's five-minute penalty pushed him down to fourth-place in the stage, behind second-placed Kevin Benavides and third-placed Ruben Faria. The highest-placed KTM rider in the stage was Antoine Meo who was fifth.
In the overall rankings, it is Goncalves who now finds himself in the lead of the Dakar's motorcycle class. Benavides is approximately four minutes adrift in second overall, while Barreda Bort is now third.
- OpinionWhy the price difference between the Skoda Karoq and VW T-Roc?
- NewsF1 2020: Races to go ahead even if a driver tests positive for COVID-19
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!