Dakar 2016: Marcos Patronelli wins Stage 4 in quad category
Two-time Dakar winner Marcos Patronelli took victory in the quad class in Stage 4 of Dakar 2016
It was a good day for Argentinian rider Marcos Patronelli. The two-time Dakar winner took his first stage win of the 2016 edition of the event, with victory on Stage 4. Patronelli finished 16 seconds over nearest rival Alexis Hernandez. Finishing third in the stage was Chilean rider Ignacio Casale.
In the overall standings of the event, it is Casale who still holds the lead. Marcelo Medieros is currently second in the overall standings, with Alejandro Patronelli third overall.
Antoine Meo was the top-placed KTM rider in the event
The battle in the motorcycle category fell once again to the HRC riders. It was Joan Barreda Bort who was fastest during the tricky Stage 4, but a little too fast in some parts. Having been caught speeding, for the second time in as many stages, Bort was slapped with a penalty. This meant that the stage win went to his team-mate Paulo Goncalves.
Barreda Bort's five-minute penalty pushed him down to fourth-place in the stage, behind second-placed Kevin Benavides and third-placed Ruben Faria. The highest-placed KTM rider in the stage was Antoine Meo who was fifth.
In the overall rankings, it is Goncalves who now finds himself in the lead of the Dakar's motorcycle class. Benavides is approximately four minutes adrift in second overall, while Barreda Bort is now third.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased