Dakar 2016: Stephane Peterhansel takes overall lead after Stage 6
Stage 6 win gives Stephane Peterhansel overall lead in the car category of the rally
It must have been something of a bother for Stephane Peterhansel that his newbie team-mate was outdoing him at the 2016 edition of the Dakar rally. All of that changed on Stage 6 of the event that ran in Uyuni, Bolivia. While Sebastien Loeb ran into trouble in his Peugeot 2008 DKR16, suffering a puncture and an issue with the accelerator, for Peterhansel it was smooth sailing.
Between a rock and a hard place was Sebastien Loeb at Stage 6 of the Dakar, with a puncture and electrical issues too
The Frenchman, with so very many Dakar wins under his belt, managed to win his second stage of 2016. It was a commanding stage win too, with the experienced Peterhansel judging the terrain accurately and not placing a wheel wrong along the way.
While second place in the stage went to Peterhansel's team-mate Carlos Sainz, third spot was occupied by Toyota Hilux driver Yazeed Al-Rajhi. Loeb finished the stage fourth, 8min 15sec behind the leader. Nasser Al-Attiyah, in the Mini, was once again the best of the rest.
Peterhansel's stage win has moved him into the overall lead in the car category of the event. Trailing behind him, 27 seconds adrift, is Loeb, while Sainz, 5min 55se away from the leader, manages to keep it an all-Peugeot top 3.
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show