Dakar 2016: Toby Price wins Stage 5 on two wheels
Toby Price claimed his second stage win in the 2016 edition of the Dakar
Australian rider Toby Price was in a league of his own during the fifth stage of the Dakar that led from Jujuy to Uyuni as the rally moved from Argentina to Bolivia. The rider led at all the intermediate points along the way, and won the stage ahead of fellow KTM riders Stefan Svitko and Matthias Walkner.
The highest-placed Honda in the stage was Joan Barreda Bort, who finished fourth, 5min 57sec behind the leader. This, after he was penalised in the last two stages for being caught speeding in certain sections of the stages. Clearly Barreda Bort learned his lesson, as he appeared to demonstrate a more conservative approach in Stage 5 of the event.
The overall lead in the motorcycle category of the event is retained by Paulo Goncalves, who leads by 1min 45sec from KTM rider Svitko. Toby Price is currently third overall, just 2sec adrift of Svitko, and 1min 47sec behind Goncalves.
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907