Dakar 2016: Toby Price wins Stage 5 on two wheels
Toby Price claimed his second stage win in the 2016 edition of the Dakar
Australian rider Toby Price was in a league of his own during the fifth stage of the Dakar that led from Jujuy to Uyuni as the rally moved from Argentina to Bolivia. The rider led at all the intermediate points along the way, and won the stage ahead of fellow KTM riders Stefan Svitko and Matthias Walkner.
The highest-placed Honda in the stage was Joan Barreda Bort, who finished fourth, 5min 57sec behind the leader. This, after he was penalised in the last two stages for being caught speeding in certain sections of the stages. Clearly Barreda Bort learned his lesson, as he appeared to demonstrate a more conservative approach in Stage 5 of the event.
The overall lead in the motorcycle category of the event is retained by Paulo Goncalves, who leads by 1min 45sec from KTM rider Svitko. Toby Price is currently third overall, just 2sec adrift of Svitko, and 1min 47sec behind Goncalves.
- NewsTrack events have commenced at the BIC and MMRT
- NewsToyota establishes R&D joint venture to accelerate fuel cell technology
- NewsToyota India hikes prices of all models, including Vellfire and Camry Hybrid
- News20,000th Bentley Bentayga rolled out from the Crewe production facility in UK
- NewsMaruti Suzuki has sold more than 1 lakh CNG vehicles in FY 2019-20