Dakar 2016: Toby Price wins Stage 5 on two wheels
Toby Price claimed his second stage win in the 2016 edition of the Dakar
Australian rider Toby Price was in a league of his own during the fifth stage of the Dakar that led from Jujuy to Uyuni as the rally moved from Argentina to Bolivia. The rider led at all the intermediate points along the way, and won the stage ahead of fellow KTM riders Stefan Svitko and Matthias Walkner.
The highest-placed Honda in the stage was Joan Barreda Bort, who finished fourth, 5min 57sec behind the leader. This, after he was penalised in the last two stages for being caught speeding in certain sections of the stages. Clearly Barreda Bort learned his lesson, as he appeared to demonstrate a more conservative approach in Stage 5 of the event.
The overall lead in the motorcycle category of the event is retained by Paulo Goncalves, who leads by 1min 45sec from KTM rider Svitko. Toby Price is currently third overall, just 2sec adrift of Svitko, and 1min 47sec behind Goncalves.
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased