Dakar 2017: Hero MotoSports Team Rally's CS Santosh moves up 10 places after Stage 2
Hero MotoSports Team Rally managed to maintain a decent position after Day 2 of the 2017 Dakar Rally. The second stage was much longer than the first one, with the competitive section measuring a 275km out of the total 803km. According to CS Santosh, It was the first real stage of the Dakar and it was really fast." He also said that it was the kind of stage where you could pay a big price for a small mistake and ruin your rally." With a lot of cautions on the stage, the route was made even trickier by the numerous unmarked water puddles that had formed due to the previous days' rain. This forced him hold back in the first half of stage, till he managed to find his pace and beat 10 riders. He completed the stage in 3hr7m41s, and is currently 37th in the overall Bike category.
Joaquim Rodrigues managed to finish Stage two with a time of 2hr51m53s
His team-mate, Joaquim Rodrigues, had a slightly tougher time getting through the stage after he slid and crashed his bike at one of the unmarked water puddles. His GPS, which got wet, malfunctioned after the incident and forced to him to rely the road book and reduce his pace to avoid crashing again. However, despite this, he managed to finish the stage in 2hr51m53s and dropped just six places to stand at 22nd ahead of Stage 3.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally