Dakar 2017: Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues climbs two places after Stage 3
Hero MotoSports Team Rally had a mixed bag in terms of results after Stage 3 of the 2017 Dakar Rally. The initial part of the 199km competitive section was quite tricky in terms of navigation, resulting in many competitors losing their way. One of them was Joaquim Rodrigues, who got lost at Kilometre 30 which cost him around 35 minutes. However, once he was back on track, he braved a minor hail storm to complete in 19th place with a time of 8hr21m19s. This puts him in 20th place in the overall standings.
Joaquim Rodrigues, finished 19th in Stage 3 with a time of 8hr21m19s
CS Santosh, however, didn't have a very eventful day after he lost his way and missed a way point. This resulted in a 1hr20m penalty, which landed him in 104th place. It pushed him down 50 places in the overall standings to 87th. Santosh says that besides the navigational challenge, the terrain itself was quite tricky which led to a few crashes. "That upset my whole rhythm and after that I was just trying to manage the remaining race. It was a really difficult and a long day," he said.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000