Dakar 2017: Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues stands 16th after Stage 1
After the short 39km competitive section in Stage 1, Hero MotoSports Team Rally has come out with a decent standing. Joaquim Rodrigues stands at 16th place in the Bike category with a time of 29m42s. He managed to finish three seconds ahead of last year's Dakar-winner, Toby Price. Rodrigues didn't hold back too much on the first day and even managed to scare himself a little after going over a bump too hard and hitting some rocks.
CS Santosh, making his way through Stage 1 of the 2017 Dakar Rally
In contrast, his team-mate CS Santosh who started 42nd, used a more conservative approach and finished 47th out of 142 competitors, with a time of 32m45s. Santosh said that it took a couple of kilometres to understand the kind of terrain he would be facing for the rest of the stage. He didn't want to push too hard as there was still a long way to go before the finish line. Santosh was content with his performance and with how he was able to minimise his mistakes.
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018