Dakar 2017: Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues stands at 14th after Stage 10
With Stage 9 of the 2017 Dakar being cancelled due to the heavy rains and landslides the competitors had one day to gather themselves and get to Chilecito for the next stage. The conditions in Stage 10 were harsh with high temperatures and challenging terrain. Additionally, there were plenty of navigational challenges to deal with along the 449km competitive section.
Joaquim Rodrigues finished the stage in 19th place with a time of 6hr40m
Hero MotoSports Team Rally's Joaquim Rodrigues said that the day was very extreme and that there was no point in the stage at which he could rest for even a minute. He lost some time in the beginning of the competitive section looking for a waypoint, and managed to get to the finish line in 19th place with a time of 6hr40m. This moved him down in the overall rankings by four places to 14th.
His team-mate, CS Santosh lost some time at the 53km mark trying to find a tricky waypoint. But once past that, he managed to pick up his pace to finish the stage in 37th place with a time of 7hr38m51s. This pushed him up 13 places in the overall standings to 50th.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000