Dakar 2017: Sebastien Loeb wins Stage 2 to take overall lead in Car category
Sebastien Loeb (FRA) of Team Peugeot TOTAL races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
Stage 2 of the 2017 Dakar Rally took competitors from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman. The stage was a tricky one, with plenty of dust being thrown up, and testing competitors as they went on their first proper run at this year's edition of the event.
The Car Category of the event was won by Team Peugeot's Sebastien Loeb. Loeb finished ahead of Nasser Al-Attiyah in his Toyota Hilux. Finishing third in the stage was Loeb's team-mate, Carlos Sainz, in his Peugeot 3008 DKR.
Toby Price (AUS) of Red Bull KTM Factory Team races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017.
In the Bike Category, it was defending champion Toby Price who took his KTM 450 Rally Replica to the Stage 2 win, beating out Honda's Paulo Goncalves and Yamaha's Xavier De Soultrait. This means that Price leads the overall classification of the Bike Category, ahead of Goncalves, and his KTM team-mate Sam Sunderland.
Nasser Al Attiyah (QAT) of Toyota Gazoo Racing SA races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
In the Quad category Pablo Copetti took a commanding Stage 2 win, which helped move him into the overall lead of the category. Copetti, astride his Yamaha Raptor 700, beat out Axel Dutrie and Ignacio Casale in the stage. Overall in the Quad category it is Marcelo Medeiros and Dutrie who lie second and third behind Copetti.
Ayrat Mardeev (RUS) of KAMAZ - Master races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman
In the Truck category, Martin Van Den Brink won Stage 2. This put the Renault trucker in the lead overall. Ayrat Mardeev in the Kamaz runs a close second.
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
- NewsNew Honda CRF450L enduro motorcycle unveiled
- NewsBMW outlines its strategy for India
- NewsTaMo RaceMo project shelved to support Tata Motors' CV division