Dakar 2017: Sebastien Loeb wins Stage 2 to take overall lead in Car category
Sebastien Loeb (FRA) of Team Peugeot TOTAL races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
Stage 2 of the 2017 Dakar Rally took competitors from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman. The stage was a tricky one, with plenty of dust being thrown up, and testing competitors as they went on their first proper run at this year's edition of the event.
The Car Category of the event was won by Team Peugeot's Sebastien Loeb. Loeb finished ahead of Nasser Al-Attiyah in his Toyota Hilux. Finishing third in the stage was Loeb's team-mate, Carlos Sainz, in his Peugeot 3008 DKR.
Toby Price (AUS) of Red Bull KTM Factory Team races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017.
In the Bike Category, it was defending champion Toby Price who took his KTM 450 Rally Replica to the Stage 2 win, beating out Honda's Paulo Goncalves and Yamaha's Xavier De Soultrait. This means that Price leads the overall classification of the Bike Category, ahead of Goncalves, and his KTM team-mate Sam Sunderland.
Nasser Al Attiyah (QAT) of Toyota Gazoo Racing SA races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
In the Quad category Pablo Copetti took a commanding Stage 2 win, which helped move him into the overall lead of the category. Copetti, astride his Yamaha Raptor 700, beat out Axel Dutrie and Ignacio Casale in the stage. Overall in the Quad category it is Marcelo Medeiros and Dutrie who lie second and third behind Copetti.
Ayrat Mardeev (RUS) of KAMAZ - Master races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman
In the Truck category, Martin Van Den Brink won Stage 2. This put the Renault trucker in the lead overall. Ayrat Mardeev in the Kamaz runs a close second.
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship