Dakar 2017: Sebastien Loeb wins Stage 2 to take overall lead in Car category
Sebastien Loeb (FRA) of Team Peugeot TOTAL races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
Stage 2 of the 2017 Dakar Rally took competitors from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman. The stage was a tricky one, with plenty of dust being thrown up, and testing competitors as they went on their first proper run at this year's edition of the event.
The Car Category of the event was won by Team Peugeot's Sebastien Loeb. Loeb finished ahead of Nasser Al-Attiyah in his Toyota Hilux. Finishing third in the stage was Loeb's team-mate, Carlos Sainz, in his Peugeot 3008 DKR.
Toby Price (AUS) of Red Bull KTM Factory Team races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017.
In the Bike Category, it was defending champion Toby Price who took his KTM 450 Rally Replica to the Stage 2 win, beating out Honda's Paulo Goncalves and Yamaha's Xavier De Soultrait. This means that Price leads the overall classification of the Bike Category, ahead of Goncalves, and his KTM team-mate Sam Sunderland.
Nasser Al Attiyah (QAT) of Toyota Gazoo Racing SA races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
In the Quad category Pablo Copetti took a commanding Stage 2 win, which helped move him into the overall lead of the category. Copetti, astride his Yamaha Raptor 700, beat out Axel Dutrie and Ignacio Casale in the stage. Overall in the Quad category it is Marcelo Medeiros and Dutrie who lie second and third behind Copetti.
Ayrat Mardeev (RUS) of KAMAZ - Master races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman
In the Truck category, Martin Van Den Brink won Stage 2. This put the Renault trucker in the lead overall. Ayrat Mardeev in the Kamaz runs a close second.
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?