Dakar 2017: Sebastien Loeb wins Stage 2 to take overall lead in Car category
Sebastien Loeb (FRA) of Team Peugeot TOTAL races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
Stage 2 of the 2017 Dakar Rally took competitors from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman. The stage was a tricky one, with plenty of dust being thrown up, and testing competitors as they went on their first proper run at this year's edition of the event.
The Car Category of the event was won by Team Peugeot's Sebastien Loeb. Loeb finished ahead of Nasser Al-Attiyah in his Toyota Hilux. Finishing third in the stage was Loeb's team-mate, Carlos Sainz, in his Peugeot 3008 DKR.
Toby Price (AUS) of Red Bull KTM Factory Team races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017.
In the Bike Category, it was defending champion Toby Price who took his KTM 450 Rally Replica to the Stage 2 win, beating out Honda's Paulo Goncalves and Yamaha's Xavier De Soultrait. This means that Price leads the overall classification of the Bike Category, ahead of Goncalves, and his KTM team-mate Sam Sunderland.
Nasser Al Attiyah (QAT) of Toyota Gazoo Racing SA races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina on January 3, 2017
In the Quad category Pablo Copetti took a commanding Stage 2 win, which helped move him into the overall lead of the category. Copetti, astride his Yamaha Raptor 700, beat out Axel Dutrie and Ignacio Casale in the stage. Overall in the Quad category it is Marcelo Medeiros and Dutrie who lie second and third behind Copetti.
Ayrat Mardeev (RUS) of KAMAZ - Master races during stage 2 of Rally Dakar 2017 from Resistencia to San Miguel de Tucuman
In the Truck category, Martin Van Den Brink won Stage 2. This put the Renault trucker in the lead overall. Ayrat Mardeev in the Kamaz runs a close second.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far