Dakar 2017: TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia takes 5th place in Stage 8
Heavy rains continue to disrupt the 2017 Dakar. The 492km competitive section of Stage 8 was shortened by 68km and split into two parts after a river on the route overflowed. There was also a landslide in the transport section which forced teams to take a 150km detour before they got to the night's halt at Salta, Argentina.
Juan Pedrero Garcia finished 5th in Stage 8, six minutes behind the stage winner
However, despite the challenging conditions, TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia managed to take 5th place in the stage after he finished six minutes behind the stage leader, Joan Barreda Bort. This pushed him up in the overall standings by two places to 20th. His team-mate, Adrien Metge, completed the stage in 4hr50m03s to take 25th place in the stage. This bumped him up three places overall to 38th position.
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998
- News2019 TVS Apache RTR 180 launched in India at Rs 84,578
- NewsVolkswagen Group establishes a new management structure to implement India 2.0
- NewsLamborghini Urus to have its own SUV racing series!
- NewsMercedes-AMG G 63 SUV sold out in India for this year
- NewsHonda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
- NewsHyundai Grand i10 and Xcent get more equipment on higher trims
- NewsAston Martin's spy photos show the DBX in near-production guise
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review