Dakar 2017: TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia takes 5th place in Stage 8
Heavy rains continue to disrupt the 2017 Dakar. The 492km competitive section of Stage 8 was shortened by 68km and split into two parts after a river on the route overflowed. There was also a landslide in the transport section which forced teams to take a 150km detour before they got to the night's halt at Salta, Argentina.
Juan Pedrero Garcia finished 5th in Stage 8, six minutes behind the stage winner
However, despite the challenging conditions, TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia managed to take 5th place in the stage after he finished six minutes behind the stage leader, Joan Barreda Bort. This pushed him up in the overall standings by two places to 20th. His team-mate, Adrien Metge, completed the stage in 4hr50m03s to take 25th place in the stage. This bumped him up three places overall to 38th position.
- NewsVideo worth watching: Ford Performance models on a race track
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review