Dakar 2017: TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia takes 5th place in Stage 8
Heavy rains continue to disrupt the 2017 Dakar. The 492km competitive section of Stage 8 was shortened by 68km and split into two parts after a river on the route overflowed. There was also a landslide in the transport section which forced teams to take a 150km detour before they got to the night's halt at Salta, Argentina.
Juan Pedrero Garcia finished 5th in Stage 8, six minutes behind the stage winner
However, despite the challenging conditions, TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia managed to take 5th place in the stage after he finished six minutes behind the stage leader, Joan Barreda Bort. This pushed him up in the overall standings by two places to 20th. His team-mate, Adrien Metge, completed the stage in 4hr50m03s to take 25th place in the stage. This bumped him up three places overall to 38th position.
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India