Dakar 2017: TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia takes 5th place in Stage 8
Heavy rains continue to disrupt the 2017 Dakar. The 492km competitive section of Stage 8 was shortened by 68km and split into two parts after a river on the route overflowed. There was also a landslide in the transport section which forced teams to take a 150km detour before they got to the night's halt at Salta, Argentina.
Juan Pedrero Garcia finished 5th in Stage 8, six minutes behind the stage winner
However, despite the challenging conditions, TVS Sherco Racing's Juan Pedrero Garcia managed to take 5th place in the stage after he finished six minutes behind the stage leader, Joan Barreda Bort. This pushed him up in the overall standings by two places to 20th. His team-mate, Adrien Metge, completed the stage in 4hr50m03s to take 25th place in the stage. This bumped him up three places overall to 38th position.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsWRC 2019: Ott Tanak wins Rally Sweden
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani