Dakar 2018: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked 10th overall after Stage 11
The eleventh stage of the 2018 Dakar was the first half of the second marathon stage, with riders having to take on 205km of liaison distance and 280km of a special stage, before camping in the Fiambala Mountains. The stage comprised lots of loose sand and soil, which made the going tricky for the riders.
As is becoming something of a trend, Oriol Mena continued with his terrific form, finishing Stage 11 in ninth position. This has ensured that he is currently ranked 10th overall in the Moto category.
Oriol Mena on Stage 11 of the 2018 Dakar
Mena's team-mate CS Santosh who had a tough stage 10, rode steadily to gain as much ground as he could over the last few stages. He reached the Fiambala bivouac 33rd, which promoted him to 35th in the overall standings.
CS Santosh on Stage 11 at the 2018 Dakar
Speaking after the eleventh stage Oriol Mena said, "Today was another important first leg of the Super Fiambala Marathon stage. The starting order for today was mixed with trucks and cars so it was really confusing in the beginning. The navigation as well was quite tough and the soft sand made it quite physically exhausting, making the stage look longer than it was. But everything went very well, the bike was working great. I am happy to make it to the bivouac and to have another good finish today."
Meanwhile, CS Santosh said, "Today I was still very tired still from yesterday so my mission was to make it to the marathon bivouac today. I am happy to be here as I got another tough day in the bag today. Now I just need to get some rest and renew my energy and focus for the second leg of the marathon stage tomorrow."
The 12th Stage of the rally has been cancelled for bikes and quads, with the organisers citing safety issues as the reason for the same.
Provisional Stage 11 Classifications
1. Toby Price, RedBull KTM Racing, KTM, 04h 01m 33s
2. Kevin Benavides, Honda Factory Racing, Honda, +01m 38s
3. Antoine Meo, RedBull KTM Racing, KTM, +06m 31s
9. Oriol Mena, Hero MotoSports Team Rally, Hero MotoSports, +27m 00s
33. C.S. Santosh, Hero MotoSports Team Rally, Hero MotoSports, +01h 25m 08s
Overall Provisional Classifications after Stage 11
1. Matthias Walkner, RedBull KTM Racing, KTM, 36h 33m 37s
2. Kevin Benavides, Honda Factory Racing, Honda, +32m 00s
3. Toby Price, RedBull KTM Racing, KTM, +39m 17s
10. Oriol Mena, Hero MotoSports Team Rally, Hero MotoSports, +02h 13m 07s
35. C.S. Santosh, Hero MotoSports Team Rally, Hero MotoSports, +10h 20m 09s
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block