Dakar 2018: Price claims Stage 11 win in motorcycle class, Ten Brinke stuns in car class
Toby Price's first stage win at the 2018 Dakar Rally has been a long time coming. However, he managed it on the 11th stage of the event, while overall leader Matthias Walkner took it easy.
Toby Price (AUS) of Red Bull KTM Factory Team races during stage 11 of Rally Dakar 2018 from Belen to Chilecito, Argentina
Price led at every single waypoint between Belen and Fiambala, ending the stage a minute and a half ahead of nearest rival Kevin Benavides. His performance has promoted him to third in the overall classification, behind Walkner and Benavides. Joan Barreda Bort, who was Walkner's closest rival, called it quits on Stage 11, choosing to retire from the 2018 Dakar due to fatigue and exacerbating injuries.
Carlos Sainz (ESP) of Team Peugeot Total races during stage 11 of Rally Dakar 2018 from Belem to Chilecito, Argentina
Bernhard Ten Brinke claimed Stage 11 victory in the cars category, with the Dutchman setting the pace almost all through the day. Finishing second was Peugeot's Cyril Despres. However, the order at the head of the overall standings remained unchanged, with Carlos Sainz topping the time sheets, and Peugeot team-mate Stephane Peterhansel finishing second overall.
Meanwhile in the truck category, Federico Villagra ended up moving into the lead, getting the jump on Eduard Nikolaev who has held the overall lead thus far in the rally. In the quad category, Ignacio Casale still holds onto the overall lead. While Reinaldo Varela is the overall leader in the SxS class.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India