Dakar 2018: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ends 11th overall
The final stage of the 2018 Dakar Rally was held in Cordoba, Argentina. The Sherco TVS team's lone rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finished the last stage of the event, Stage 14, in 10th position. This meant that he ended the rally 11th overall, a fine result for the rider and the team.
The result is a bright spot for the Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team, in an event that was marred by injury for two out of their three riders. The team lost Adrien Metge on the second stage of the rally, when he crashed and broke his leg. Then, KP Aravind, who was riding steadily on through the first four stages of the rally, crashed out and broke his right ankle on the fifth stage.
- NewsImage Gallery: 2019 JK Tyre Festival of Speed
- NewsFuturo-E EV concept will be Maruti Suzuki's showstopper for 2020 Auto Expo
- NewsTata and Land Rover are co-developing a compact SUV, likely to be called Defender Sport
- NewsWhat to expect from the next-generation BMW M4, going by the new M4 GT3 racecar
- NewsMcLaren looking to begin operations in India