Dakar 2019: Hero MotoSports rider Oriol Mena ranked 13th overall after Stage 7
The 2019 Dakar Rally has been challenging for the Hero MotoSports Team Rally outfit, with the Indian rally raid team losing one rider - CS Santosh - on Stage 5 of the event, and with Oriol Mena running out of fuel close to the end of Stage 6. However, the team did well on the seventh stage, reportedly the most difficult stage of the 2019 edition of the Dakar.
Ending the stage in 11th position was Joaquim 'JRod' Rodrigues, who managed to record one of his strongest finishing positions of the 2019 Dakar. This allowed him to make up for the difficulties of Stage 6, where he lost time while trying to help his Hero team-mate Mena. JRod's strong finishing position in Stage 7 meant that he managed to move up the overall classification to 24th.
Meanwhile, Oriol Mena, who has done well through the rally, even recovering from a nasty fall on Stage 7 of the event, managed to make it to 13th in the stage. This means that Mena continues to be ranked 13th overall in the 2019 Dakar's Moto class.
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante
- NewsAston Martin unveils the DBS Superleggera Volante, its fastest convertible yet
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R ABS prices hiked - will cost Rs 90,900 ex-showroom
- NewsTriumph to sell used motorcycles to offer more accessible entry-level pricing in India
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip