Dakar 2019: Sebastien Loeb takes Stage 6 win, while Nasser Al-Attiyah leads overall
The sixth stage of Dakar 2019 saw Sebastien Loeb take his third stage win of the ongoing rally-raid in Peru. Despite this, Toyota's Nasser Al-Attiyah extended his lead at the head of the field. Al Attiyah led the stage for most of the way, however, both him and his PH Sport Peugeot rival got lost 40km from the stage finish, looking for a waypoint.
Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena in the Peugeot 3008 of the PH-Sport climbing a dune during stage 6 of the Dakar Rally, between Arequipa and San Juan de Marcona, Peru
Loeb lost less time, of the two of them, taking victory in the stage. It was his 13th stage win in the Dakar, which ultimately gave him second position in the overall classification in the Car category. Third in the category, is Mini buggy driver, Mr Dakar, Stephane Peterhansel.
In the motorcycle category, it was Pablo Quintanilla who won the sixth stage, also managing to wrest the overall lead away from Ricky Brabec. Over the course of the sixth stage, though, it was Quintanilla and Kevin Benavides who traded the lead in the Moto category several times. However, after the sixth waypoint, it was the Husqvarna rider who began to get ahead.
Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) of Toyota Gazoo Racing SA seen at the finish line of races during stage 6 of Rally Dakar 2019 from Arequipa to San Juan de Marcona, Peru
Ranked second overall, behind Quintanilla is Brabec, with Toby Price ranked third.
In the truck category, it was Sergey Viazovich from MAZ who finally ended Kamaz's domination. He took victory in the truck category, ahead of Iveco's Gerard de Rooy. Despite this, Eduard Nikolaev still continues at the head of the overall standings in the Truck category, ahead of team-mate Dmitri Sotnikov.
Eduard Nikolaev (RUS) of Team KAMAZ-Master races during stage 06 of Rally Dakar 2019 from Arequipa to San Juan de Marcona, Peru
The SxS category saw Chaleco Lopez take his second stage win of the rally, although Gerard Farres now leads the overall standings after six stages of rallying.
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante
- NewsAston Martin unveils the DBS Superleggera Volante, its fastest convertible yet
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R ABS prices hiked - will cost Rs 90,900 ex-showroom
- NewsTriumph to sell used motorcycles to offer more accessible entry-level pricing in India
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip