Dakar 2020: Sherco TVS' Adrien Metge ranked 12th overall after Stage 3
The third stage of the 2020 Dakar was a mixed bag for the Sherco TVS Rally Factory Team. On the one hand, Adrien Metge continued to put in a solid performance for the team, finishing 11th in the stage. On the other hand, it was disaster for Indian rider Harith Noah, whose RTR 450 wouldn't start before the stage. This means that Noah is effectively out of the rally, but will be allowed to continue riding in each stage, as per the newly introduced "Experience" category.
Adrien Metge is ranked 17th overall after Stage 2 of Dakar 2020
After three stages of the rally, Metge is now ranked 12th overall, thanks to that 11th place finish. His team-mate Lorenzo Santolino finished Stage 3 in 13th position, which puts him 16th in the overall standings. Meanwhile, Johnny Aubert took a 21st place finish, which puts him 18th overall after three stages of the rally.
However, it is disappointing that Noah is no longer in the running for an overall position at the 2020 Dakar. Especially because the Indian rider showed such a lot of promise over the course of the first two stages of the rally. After a crash during the first stage left him with a swollen eye, Noah still managed to ride well through Stage 2. He moved from 105th overall to 65th in the overall standings over the course of a single stage. We'll be looking out for his stage performances over the course of the rest of the event.
- ReviewComparison test: 2020 Honda City vs Hyundai Verna
- NewsBMW Motorrad begins testing 2020 G 310 GS and G 310 R BSVI in India
- NewsBGauss launches two new electric scooters A2 and B8, prices start from Rs 50,000
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition is a retro tribute to the 80s Paris Dakar machine
- News2020 Honda WR-V facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.50 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block