Datsun GO offers a host of features, but no ABS or airbags in India
The Datsun GO in India will come with a host of features, many of them rare in the entry-level hatchback segment. After its likely launch in the first week of March, it will compete with the likes of Maruti Suzuki Alto, Hyundai Eon and Chevrolet Spark.
Outside, the all-new Datsun GO gets follow me home lights a first in the segment, halogen headlamps, clear tail lamp, high-mounted stop lamp, body coloured bumpers and speed sensitive wipers.
The centre console consists of a digital tachometer, a trip meter and an electronic fuel gauge and will show distance to empty, average and instantaneous fuel economy and low fuel warning. It also gets a gear shift guide, front power windows, power steering, AC with heater, amplifier with two speakers in the front.
Datsun GO looks stylish
The mobile docking station gets an Aux-in, a USB port and an accessory socket also a first in the segment.
In terms of safety features, it gets seat belts in the front and rear, engine immobilizer, manual central locking and child lock. It however doesn't get ABS and airbags as standard.
Datsun Go bench front seats
The Datsun GO has connected front seats with integrated headrests. These seats slide and recline. There is a passenger side storage tray. The driver side gets a storage tray and coin holder.
The engine is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol that makes 65PS and 104Nm of torque. Read more about the engine and fuel economy here
Click here to read about our first drive of the Datsun GO
You can find all specifications below.
Datsun GO technical specifications
|Engine Type||DOHC 12-valve 3-cylinder|
|Fuel System||Electronic Gasoline Injection System|
|Configuration||In-line 3, DOHC|
|Max Power||68PS @5000rpm|
|Mileage (as per ARAI)`||20.6kmpl|
|Overall Length (mm)||3785|
|Overall width (mm)||1635|
|Overall Height (mm)||1485|
|Front track (mm)||1440|
|Rear Track (mm)||1445|
|Minimum Ground Clearance (mm)||170|
|Minimum Turning Radius (metres)||4.6|
|Luggage Capacity (litres)||265|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (litres)||35|
|Rear||H-Type Torsion Beam|
|STEERING||Speed Sensitive EPS|
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.64 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India