Datsun Go+ spotted testing in India
The Datsun Go+ has been spotted doing a test run on the roads of Chennai. The MPV is the second model for Datsun in India after the Go and will be launched in the country later this year.
The Go+ is based on the the Datsun Go hatchback and measures 3.9m in length. This enables it to duck under the crucial 4-metre mark which qualifies it for excise duty benefits for a small car. Once on sale, the Go+ will be the most affordable MPV in India. It will compete with the Ertiga, Mobilio and the Enjoy.
The engine of ch0ice in the Go+ will be the 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol motor used in the Nissan Micra. Datsun will also plonk the reliable 1.5-litre K9K diesel motor from the Sunny in the Go+. Expect class leading fuel efficiency. In the Indonesian market, the Go+ is already on sale with with four variants on offer- D, A, T and T Option. Prices start from Rs 4.3 lakh there. Expect the car to be priced around the Rs 5 lakh mark in India.
Images sent by Manoj Prabhakaran from Chennai
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India
- NewsThe 510PS Aston Martin Vantage has been launched in India at Rs 2.95 crore
- FeaturesOD Mercedes-Benz 24-hours Performance Run: Scale of C
- News2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse launched in India at Rs 15.2 lakh
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover