Datsun Go+ spotted testing in India
The Datsun Go+ has been spotted doing a test run on the roads of Chennai. The MPV is the second model for Datsun in India after the Go and will be launched in the country later this year.
The Go+ is based on the the Datsun Go hatchback and measures 3.9m in length. This enables it to duck under the crucial 4-metre mark which qualifies it for excise duty benefits for a small car. Once on sale, the Go+ will be the most affordable MPV in India. It will compete with the Ertiga, Mobilio and the Enjoy.
The engine of ch0ice in the Go+ will be the 1.2-litre 3-cylinder petrol motor used in the Nissan Micra. Datsun will also plonk the reliable 1.5-litre K9K diesel motor from the Sunny in the Go+. Expect class leading fuel efficiency. In the Indonesian market, the Go+ is already on sale with with four variants on offer- D, A, T and T Option. Prices start from Rs 4.3 lakh there. Expect the car to be priced around the Rs 5 lakh mark in India.
Images sent by Manoj Prabhakaran from Chennai
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- News2019 Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe unveiled - India bound?
- NewsToyota will borrow Maruti Suzuki's platform to produce their version of the Ertiga
- Review2019 BMW F 750 GS first ride review
- NewsPower parts and other accessories for the KTM 790 Duke
- NewsBenelli India receives 150 bookings for TRK 502 and TRK 502X