Datsun has now produced 100,000 cars in India over 3 years
Datsun India is celebrating the milestone of its reaching production of its 100,000th car in the country. Datsun India achieved the feat with a Datsun redi-GO 1.0L that rolled out of its manufacturing facility in Chennai in the presence of Nissan Motor India MD Jerome Saigot, and Renault Nissan Automotive India CEO and MD Colin MacDonald. The Datsun brand was introduced into the country three years ago and has since been released three models GO, GO+, and redi-GO here. It has since been responsible for more than half the total sales of Nissan Motor India.
Saigot said that the 100,000th car is strong testimony of customer confidence towards the brand and its products. Datsun most recent launch was the Datsun redi-GO 1.0L Gold in September 2017. We've driven the Datsun redi-Go 1.0-litre and found it to be smooth and responsive in town. Datsun is expected to bring in an AMT version of the redi-Go too. This Datsun redi-Go AMT will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 AMT and the Renault Kwid AMT. Expect it to be launched in the new few months with a price hike of around Rs 20,000 over the regular car.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.31 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Tata Tigor compact sedan spotted on test - launch expected soon
- NewsGovernment will not ban petrol and diesel vehicles completely - oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan
- NewsFAME 2: Government of India seeks proposals for electric vehicle charging setup in India
- NewsHonda HR-V spotted on test in Noida - could be launched in India soon
- NewsSuzuki Access 125 SE scooter launched in India for Rs 61,788