Datsun Redi-Go 1.0L AMT to launch in India by early 2018
Datsun will be introducing an AMT variant on its entry-level hatchback, the Redi-Go, in India. The Datsun Redi-Go AMT is expected to launch the same unit that does duty in the Renault Kwid AMT. While there is no confirmation on the same, one of the Datsun dealers has confirmed to OVERDRIVE that the Redi-Go AMT will arrive by the last week of February 2018 and bookings for the same will start in the first week of that month.
Datsun Redi-Go AMT will be based on the 1-litre model
Similar to the Renault Kwid, the Datsun Redi-Go hatch is available with a choice between two powertrains, the 800cc and the 999cc models. Considering that fact that Renault offers the AMT on the latter, we believe the Redi-Go too will get the AMT on its 1-litre models. This motor makes 68PS at 5,500rpm and generates 91Nm at 4,250rpm and will continue to do so in the Redi-Go AMT as well.
The AMT unit offered on the Datsun rediGO 1L will be identical to that used in the Renault Kwid.
The Datsun Redi-Go MT models are priced between Rs 2.41 lakh to Rs 3.74 lakh, ex-showroom, Mumbai. We expect the prices of the AMT variant to go up by Rs 40,000 compared to an equivalent variant with manual transmission. The AMT Datsun Redi-Go AMT will locks horns with the Alto K10 AMT and the Renault Kwid AMT in India.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.09 Lakhs
- Review2019 Hyundai Venue automatic first drive review
- NewsFormula E: Mahindra Racing driver Pascal Wehrlein scores lone point at Berlin ePrix
- ReviewExclusive comparison test: Range Rover Sport vs Volvo XC90
- NewsWhat to expect from the upcoming Kia SP2i compact SUV - Unveiling June 20
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV gets a Sports Limited Edition package