Datsun redi-Go facelift to feature 1-litre engine in India
Datsun entered the entry-level hatchback segment with the redi-GO in 2016. This was then followed with addition of a sportier cosmetic update in September 2016. And now we have learnt that Datsun will be giving the rediGo a facelift that will be launched in India in the next couple of months. In addition to the new design, Datsun will also offer a 1-litre motor along with an AMT unit.
The Datsun redi-Go shares its underpinnings with the Renault Kwid and is based on the CMF-A platform. While the Renault Kwid is a more premium offering, the Datsun redi-Go was aimed at those looking for a spacious entry-level hatchback. The details on the facelift are still not clear, however we believe Datsun might add certain premium bits to enhance its appeal.
The Datsun redi-Go comes with the Renault-developed 799cc petrol motor. This unit makes 54PS of power at 5,678rpm and generates 72Nm of torque at 4,386rpm. We believe the 1L motor that will make its way into the facelifted rediGO will be the same unit that powers the Renault Kwid. The 999cc motor puts out 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque. Similar to the Kwid, this unit too will be carried in the same state of tune. In additional to the 5-speed manual gearbox that is offered as standard, Datsun might also look at offering an AMT unit on this motor.
Renault Kwid 1.0-litre engine
Datsun has sold a total of 3,940 units of the rediGo in July 2016 while same dropped to 1,548 units in December 2016. We believe the facelift will help Datsun push the rediGo more aggressively in the Indian market. In addition, the updated redi-Go can be a stronger rival to the Maruti Suzuki Alto and Hyundai Eon.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option