Datsun redi-Go facelift to feature 1-litre engine in India
Datsun entered the entry-level hatchback segment with the redi-GO in 2016. This was then followed with addition of a sportier cosmetic update in September 2016. And now we have learnt that Datsun will be giving the rediGo a facelift that will be launched in India in the next couple of months. In addition to the new design, Datsun will also offer a 1-litre motor along with an AMT unit.
The Datsun redi-Go shares its underpinnings with the Renault Kwid and is based on the CMF-A platform. While the Renault Kwid is a more premium offering, the Datsun redi-Go was aimed at those looking for a spacious entry-level hatchback. The details on the facelift are still not clear, however we believe Datsun might add certain premium bits to enhance its appeal.
The Datsun redi-Go comes with the Renault-developed 799cc petrol motor. This unit makes 54PS of power at 5,678rpm and generates 72Nm of torque at 4,386rpm. We believe the 1L motor that will make its way into the facelifted rediGO will be the same unit that powers the Renault Kwid. The 999cc motor puts out 68PS of power and 91Nm of torque. Similar to the Kwid, this unit too will be carried in the same state of tune. In additional to the 5-speed manual gearbox that is offered as standard, Datsun might also look at offering an AMT unit on this motor.
Renault Kwid 1.0-litre engine
Datsun has sold a total of 3,940 units of the rediGo in July 2016 while same dropped to 1,548 units in December 2016. We believe the facelift will help Datsun push the rediGo more aggressively in the Indian market. In addition, the updated redi-Go can be a stronger rival to the Maruti Suzuki Alto and Hyundai Eon.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India