Datsun redi-GO market-ready model teased ahead of April 14 debut
The production-ready Datsun redi-GO model will make it global debut in India on April 14, 2016. The production model is expected to retain the redi-GO moniker and Datsun has put out a teaser of the upcoming car, throwing some light on its overall shape and bodywork. Like the concept shown at the 2014 Auto Expo, expect a chiseled bodywork, pronounced wheel arches, angular detailing and a high-rise cabin to mimic the effect of a crossover. In a nutshell, it will recreate the crossover-themed hatchback formula from Renault, the Kwid, but at the same time it will also subscribe to the same design language as its stablemates - the Go and the Go Plus.
The Kwid will also lend its underpinnings to the redi-GO, meaning it will be based on the same CMF-A platform and will be powered by the familiar 800cc SCe petrol engine. A 1.0-litre mill with the automated manual transmission (AMT) could be offered at a later stage too, once the drivetrain makes its debut on the Renault Kwid Easy-R that was shown at this year's expo.
The Datsun redi-GO concept from the 2014 Auto Expo
The Datsun redi-GO production prototype spotted on test in Chennai, where it will be produced alongside its stablemates
Datsun, being the Renault-Nissan alliance's low-cost brand, will position the redi-GO below the Kwid. Therefore, expect a slightly smaller features list and a starting price of around Rs 2.4 lakh. We will have more dope on the redi-GO from the global unveiling, so stay tuned to Overdrive.
Spy shot source: IndianAutosBlog
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10