Datsun Redigo-based hatchback to have its world premiere in India on April 14, 2016
Datsun will soon take the wraps off its production car based on the Redigo concept. This car will be positioned below the current Datsun Go and Go Plus models and will be the entry point to the Datsun range. The world premiere of this hatchback happens on April 14, 2016 in New Delhi.
The Datsun Redigo or I2 as it is internally known is based on the same compact and low cost CMF-A platform that underpins the Renault Kwid. The Redigo, like the Kwid is an SUV-themed crossover vehicle that fits under four metres but packs a tall and butch design along with generous ground clearance.
We expect that the production car will run the same 0.8-litre three cylinder petrol engine and a 5-speed manual transmission from the Renault Kwid at launch. An option of a 1-litre engine and an AMT transmission may come up further down the road.
There is no confirmation yet on pricing strategy that Datsun have in mind for the Redigo-based production car. It will also be interesting to see what safety features are offered considering the negative press Datsun faced with the Go hatchback over safety concerns. Further details on just how affordable it will be and how much kit will be on offer will be clear shortly.
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.62 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018