Datsun to launch the redi-Go in India on June 7, 2016
Datsun is all set to launch the redi-Go in India on June 7, 2016. The redi-Go will be positioned as an entry-level offering in the Datsun portfolio. Based on the CMF-A platform that also underpins the Renault Kiwd, the Datsun redi-Go is expected to be priced between Rs 2.5 lakh to Rs 3.5 lakh. Upon its launch in India, the redi-Go will compete with the Hyundai Eon, Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and the Renault Kwid.
The Datsun redi-Go is powered by a Renault-developed 799cc petrol motor that makes 54PS of power at 5,678rpm and generates 72Nm of torque at 4,386rpm. Datsun claims that the aluminium-finished motor is claimed to be highly fuel efficient and extremely compact in construction. The motor weighs a mere 57kg and is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission with gear ratios identical to the Kwid. According to Datsun, the redi-Go delivers 25.17kmpl. To know more about its performance, read our Datsun redi-Go first drive review.
Visually, the Datsun redi-Go looks more modern and premium compared to the Go siblings. The highlights of the design, according to the Datsun, are its muscular lines and a higher ground clearance of 185mm which is greater than that of the Alto 800 (160mm), Eon (170mm) and even the Renault Kwid (180mm).
Inside the Datsun redi-Go, the cabin features a piano black surround on the central console and also comes better equipped compared to the Go range with a single-DIN audio unit along with USB and auxiliary connectivity options. The cabin has its low points in terms of plastic quality and knee room for both rows of passengers. We have elaborated more on it in our first drive review.
The Datsun redi-Go will face stiff competition from Hyundai Eon (Rs 3.38 lakh - Rs 4.68 lakh), Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 (Rs 2.65 lakh - Rs 3.97 lakh) and the Renault Kwid (Rs 2.72 lakh - Rs 3.73 lakh). How does it fare against its rivals? You can read our spec comparo. Stay tuned to this space to witness the launch event as well as the road test.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055