Datsuns third model in Russia likely to be a redi-Go based crossover
After resurrecting the Datsun brand in India with the Go hatchback, parent company Nissan has been expanding the company's product portfolio in the Russian market. Earlier Datsun premiered the on-Do sedan for the Russian market which has an expected launch in June. A hatchback called the mi-Do has also been spotted testing in the country and now Russian website kolesa.ru has reported, that a third model for the Russian market is confirmed to be a crossover, by none other than Jerome Saigot, the head of Datsun Russia.
The crossover will mostly be based on the redi-Go concept showcased at this year's Auto Expo
The company will be manufacturing the on-Do sedan at the Avtovaz plant in Russia. Avtovaz is a Russian automobile manufacturer that is known to us by its trade name 'Lada'. 25 per cent stake in this company is held by Nissan's alliance partner Renault. The intended crossover could be inspired by the redi-Go concept which was a small crossover displayed at this year's Auto Expo at Greater Noida. The redi-Go concept as described by Datsun is a five door hatchback which has the rugged appearance of an SUV. The concept was the company's idea of a crossover for the Indian market but it looks like Russia has taken precedence over India for the time being.
Datsun has made it clear that its products will be a budget offering in Russia with the price being in the sub 4,00,000 ruble range (Rs 6,83,788). We expect the crossover to be under that price bracket as well. The three models, on-Do sedan, mi-Do hatchback and this upcoming crossover will represent the Datsun brand in Russia for the next three years, says the website.
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show