Delta Shootout 2014 open to engineering students
Now this is exactly the sort of stuff that budding automotive and motorsport engineers ought to pay close attention to. The Delta Shootout 2014 is an inter-collegate competitive event that is designed along the lines of the Mini Baja and is open to all engineering students - graduate and post-graduate. The challenge of the event is that each team has to build, test and race a four-wheeled single-seater off-road vehicle. Of course, this is somewhat similar to the Baja SAE organised at the NATRIP facility. How did the Delta Shootout come about? Well, it's the brainchild of former race and rally driver Sourabh Chaudhury and motorsport engineer Soumya Kanti Bose, who are determined to bring more motorsport activity to the Eastern part of the country. Thus, the event that will be held within the premises of NIT in their institute at Jamshedpur, while the Adityapur Auto Cluster is the industrial partner for the event. To be held between the 24th and 26th of January, 2014, the event will comprise the following challenges - technical inspection and scrutineering, brake test, acceleration, weight pulling, obstacle course and endurance challenge. The organisers are expecting 80 teams, each with 25 to 30 participants to compete in the event. For more details all you aspiring automotive engineers can head to www.deltainc.net.in
- NewsAll-new, 2020 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin breaks cover!
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza facelift spied - likely to get a petrol option
- NewsTata Motors launch Pro Edition of Harrier, Hexa, Nexon, Tigor and Tiago - stars at additional Rs 29,999
- NewsKTM 790 Duke's Bajaj Auto finance scheme explained - launched in India for Rs 8.63 lakhs
- News2019 KTM 790 Duke launched in India - Priced at Rs 8.63 lakh