Details of SWM bikes that are headed to India
SWM motorcycles, may be little known brand outside Italy, but they have quite a diverse portfolio of motorcycles in their line up. These are broadly classified into - On Road, Enduro, Supermoto and Classic. The company is all set to enter the Indian market soon and its initial products for India include the Superdual T and eventually the SuperDual X
and Grand Milano. Motoroyale, since this story went up had clarified that while it has the option to import any of SWM's motorcycles, it wants to focus on the SuperDual and will not be planning for the 440 Series which includes the Grand Milano
SWM SM 650R
This supermotard, in essence is a 2010 Husqvarna TE630, which is widely regarded as a proven machine. The SM 650R looks almost identical to the RS 650 R dual-sport bike, however, it comes with 17-inch, spoke wheels at both ends and road tyres.
The SM 650R is powered by a fuel-injected, 600cc, four-stroke liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine that develops 54PS. It is mated to a 6-speed gearbox.
The bike has a single-beam, double cradle main frame and a light alloy, rear subframe. Upfront are adjustable, 45mm USD forks and an adjustable Sachs monoshock at the rear.
The SM 650R also features a 300mm disc upfront and a 240mm disc at the rear with Brembo calipers at both ends.
SWM SuperDual T and X
The SuperDual is SWM's answer to those who seek an adventure motorcycle and the Husqvarna TE630 derived bike looks quite promising. It is powered by the same 600cc, four-stroke, four-valve, liquid cooled, single cylinder motor that powers the RS 650R, however , at 57 PS, it makes slightly more power. It is mated to a six-speed transmission. The frame and 1,510mm wheelbase is identical to the RS 650R's.
The SWM Superdual T
The bike comes with a 18-litre fuel tank, adjustable front (45mm Fastace) and rear (Sachs) suspension, and Brembo brakes (300mm front and 220mm rear). ABS is standard. The SuperDual may also come with the GT kit which includes GIVI panniers with mounting brackets and LED foglamps.
The SWM Superdual X
The 19-inch front, 17-inch rear spoke wheels and 180mm ground clearance on the T should offer decent off-road capability, however , the X is a lot more off-road focued. This explains why the SuperDual X gets 21-inch wheels up front and 18-inch wheels at the rear and lower final gearing. The Superdual T gets Metzeler Tourance Tyres while X gets more off-road capable Metzeler Tourance Sahara tyres.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018