Details on India-bound Skoda Karoq revealed
Skoda has unveiled a fully camouflaged version of a new compact SUV, which it's calling the Karoq. The brand will premiere the car in Stockholm on May 18, and it will go on sale internationally later this year. The Karoq, which is based on the MQB platform, could replace the slow-selling Skoda Yeti in India. The Skoda Karoq measures 4,382 mm, 1,841 mm, and 1,605 mm in length, width and height. That is roughly the same size as the Seat Ateca, which Volkswagen AG sells in other markets. From the shape and certain design elements like the headlights, grille and taillights, it's clear that Skoda Karoq's design language draws significant inspiration from its larger sibling, the Skoda Kodiaq.
With respect to the powertrains, the Skoda Karoq will be offered with five engine options two petrol and three diesels. All engines are turbocharged and their displacements are 1.0-, 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-litre. Their power output ranges from 115PS to 190PS. The engines are said to be Euro VI compliant, and all, except the top-spec 2.0-litre diesel can be optioned with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT. The 2.0-litre engine, which produces 190PS, comes with the seven-speed DCT as standard, and will also feature a 4X4 system as standard. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol meanwhile, will feature a cylinder deactivation system. The higher variants will feature drive modes like Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual and Snow (for the 4X4 variant only).
The Skoda Karoq will be equipped with features like a touchscreen that supports MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Safety features include lane-assist, traffic-jam assist, blind-spot detection, pedestrian protection and an emergency assistant.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa