Details on India-bound Skoda Karoq revealed
Skoda has unveiled a fully camouflaged version of a new compact SUV, which it's calling the Karoq. The brand will premiere the car in Stockholm on May 18, and it will go on sale internationally later this year. The Karoq, which is based on the MQB platform, could replace the slow-selling Skoda Yeti in India. The Skoda Karoq measures 4,382 mm, 1,841 mm, and 1,605 mm in length, width and height. That is roughly the same size as the Seat Ateca, which Volkswagen AG sells in other markets. From the shape and certain design elements like the headlights, grille and taillights, it's clear that Skoda Karoq's design language draws significant inspiration from its larger sibling, the Skoda Kodiaq.
With respect to the powertrains, the Skoda Karoq will be offered with five engine options two petrol and three diesels. All engines are turbocharged and their displacements are 1.0-, 1.5-, 1.6- and 2.0-litre. Their power output ranges from 115PS to 190PS. The engines are said to be Euro VI compliant, and all, except the top-spec 2.0-litre diesel can be optioned with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT. The 2.0-litre engine, which produces 190PS, comes with the seven-speed DCT as standard, and will also feature a 4X4 system as standard. The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol meanwhile, will feature a cylinder deactivation system. The higher variants will feature drive modes like Normal, Sport, Eco, Individual and Snow (for the 4X4 variant only).
The Skoda Karoq will be equipped with features like a touchscreen that supports MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Safety features include lane-assist, traffic-jam assist, blind-spot detection, pedestrian protection and an emergency assistant.
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic