Dodge's upcoming model plans include new Challenger and Charger
Dodge, an FCA owned company is revamping its entire product lineup, including the Dodge Charger and the Challenger. FCA, however, will cease production of the Viper sports car in August 2017.
The big news is the new Dodge Challenger Hellcat will feature AWD. Dubbed the GT AWD, the car will go on sale in the US this year. But that won't be it. Dodge will follow this with a wide-body Challenger Hellcat in 2017. It is likely to be called the Challenger ADR.
The new Charger received a refresh in 2014 and Dodge will build an all-new, 2018 Charger on the lighter Giorgio platform which also underpins the Alfa-Romeo Giulia. The Challenger will also shift onto this platform in 2018. The benefit is a weight loss of over 200kg.
The four-door Charger has been offered with all-wheel drive since 2007. In the current 2016 model, the Charger has an active transfer case as well as a front-axle disconnect system which switched between Rear Wheel Drive and AWD seamlessly.
While the Challenger and Charger get less powerful engine options too, the 6.2-litre, supercharged, Hemi SRT Hellcat V8 engine takes the cake. The monstrous engine that 716PS and 881Nm of tyre smoking torque. Expect the 2017 Challenger Hellcat to feature the same engine.
After launching these cars, Dodge will launch the Challenger based Barracuda convertible in 2021. Other changes to the FCA group's lineup will include new Crossovers under the Chrysler brand in 2018.
The new Jeep Wrangler will debut in 2017 and the Grand Cherokee will get a slight makeover as well. Jeep India has just launched the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee SRT recently. Expect these SUVs to feature the updates after the international launch.
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6