DS7 Crossback SUV by PSA group spotted in India once again
The DS7 Crossback SUV was spotted on the outskirts of Bilaspur, India. The DS brand is a subsidiary of the PSA group which also unveiled the Citroen C5 Aircross for the Indian market. The Citroen C5 Aircross will go on sale in the second half of 2020, however, we're still uncertain of the PSA group's plan to debut the DS brand in India.
The DS7 Crossback rivals the BMW X1 and the Audi Q3 and internationally gets a choice of petrol and diesel engine. 2.0-litre diesel and a 1.6-litre petrol engine. earlier, OVERDRIVE reported the DS7 that was spotted on test in Delhi was a diesel variant. The DS7 Crossback shares the same EMP2 platform with the Citroen C5 Aircross and if launched, as the C5 Aircross the DS7 could be heavily localised as well.
Currently, the PSA group's Hosur plant produces transmission and powertrains which in return is expected to keep the cost low as the brand aims for 90 per cent localisation. A similar approach can be expected, for the DS brand and it could make its way to the Indian market by 2022. The second model for Citroen in India is likely to be the C3 Aircross SUV. The compact SUV, which is scheduled for a facelift in 2021 will be launched soon after the C5 Aircross
Images credits - Anurag Kanaujia
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV to offer 1.4 turbo BSVI petrol and three automatic transmission options!