DS7 Crossback SUV by PSA group spotted in India once again
The DS7 Crossback SUV was spotted on the outskirts of Bilaspur, India. The DS brand is a subsidiary of the PSA group which also unveiled the Citroen C5 Aircross for the Indian market. The Citroen C5 Aircross will go on sale in the second half of 2020, however, we're still uncertain of the PSA group's plan to debut the DS brand in India.
The DS7 Crossback rivals the BMW X1 and the Audi Q3 and internationally gets a choice of petrol and diesel engine. 2.0-litre diesel and a 1.6-litre petrol engine. earlier, OVERDRIVE reported the DS7 that was spotted on test in Delhi was a diesel variant. The DS7 Crossback shares the same EMP2 platform with the Citroen C5 Aircross and if launched, as the C5 Aircross the DS7 could be heavily localised as well.
Currently, the PSA group's Hosur plant produces transmission and powertrains which in return is expected to keep the cost low as the brand aims for 90 per cent localisation. A similar approach can be expected, for the DS brand and it could make its way to the Indian market by 2022. The second model for Citroen in India is likely to be the C3 Aircross SUV. The compact SUV, which is scheduled for a facelift in 2021 will be launched soon after the C5 Aircross
Images credits - Anurag Kanaujia
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.2 Lakhs
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020