DSK-Benelli launch five new motorcycles in India
DSK-Benelli have started their Indian innings with five motorcycles. These include the Benelli TNT 300 (Rs 2.83 lakh), TNT 600i (Rs 5.15 lakh), TNT 600GT (Rs 5.62 lakh), TNT 899 (Rs 9.48 lakh) and TNT 1130R (Rs 11.81 lakh). The prices are ex-Delhi.
The most affordable of the lot, the TNT 300 makes 38PS/27Nm from its liquid-cooled 300cc engine. The TNT 600i is the middle weight which comes in both the standard and GT forms. Both the motorcycles are identical under the skin though including the inline four-cylinder 600cc liquid-cooled motor. There is a difference in the power with the 600i making 82PS and 52Nm while the GT produces 81PS and a higher 55Nm.
Higher in the price range comes the TNT 899 that makes 114PS from its 898cc three-cylinder and liquid cooled heart . We have ridden the motorcycle and found it to be an aggressive on-the-edge bike that makes a lovely sound when on the gas. The top-of-the line TNT 1130 makes a healthy 155PS and 120Nm from its 1131cc engine.
All the DSK-Benelli motorcycles will be sold from exclusive outlets located at Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata. While ABS is not available at the moment on any of these motorcycles, it will be once it becomes mandatory in India. All the motorcycles are CKDs assembled at DSK's facility in Wai. The bigger Trek Amazonas showcased at the IBW 2015 will be launched towards the end of the year.
More stories from OVERDRIVE on the new DSK-Benelli motorcycles
Starts Rs 2,99,000
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block