DSK-Benelli launch five new motorcycles in India
DSK-Benelli have started their Indian innings with five motorcycles. These include the Benelli TNT 300 (Rs 2.83 lakh), TNT 600i (Rs 5.15 lakh), TNT 600GT (Rs 5.62 lakh), TNT 899 (Rs 9.48 lakh) and TNT 1130R (Rs 11.81 lakh). The prices are ex-Delhi.
The most affordable of the lot, the TNT 300 makes 38PS/27Nm from its liquid-cooled 300cc engine. The TNT 600i is the middle weight which comes in both the standard and GT forms. Both the motorcycles are identical under the skin though including the inline four-cylinder 600cc liquid-cooled motor. There is a difference in the power with the 600i making 82PS and 52Nm while the GT produces 81PS and a higher 55Nm.
Higher in the price range comes the TNT 899 that makes 114PS from its 898cc three-cylinder and liquid cooled heart . We have ridden the motorcycle and found it to be an aggressive on-the-edge bike that makes a lovely sound when on the gas. The top-of-the line TNT 1130 makes a healthy 155PS and 120Nm from its 1131cc engine.
All the DSK-Benelli motorcycles will be sold from exclusive outlets located at Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Pune, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata. While ABS is not available at the moment on any of these motorcycles, it will be once it becomes mandatory in India. All the motorcycles are CKDs assembled at DSK's facility in Wai. The bigger Trek Amazonas showcased at the IBW 2015 will be launched towards the end of the year.
More stories from OVERDRIVE on the new DSK-Benelli motorcycles
Starts Rs 3,08,300
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018