DSK-Hyosung to launch four new motorcycles in India in 2016-17
While DSK-Hyosung were not present at the expo, their India boss, Shirish Kulkarni, exclusively told OVERDRIVE that there were four new motorcycles in the offing. Shirish said that over the course of the next 18 months, DSK-Hyosung will launch four new motorcycles in India.
The first motorcycle to be launched will be the Hyosung GV300. The Hyosung GV300 is an all-new motorcycle and gets a round headlamp, tear-drop tank and split seats. Similar to the Aquila Pro GV250, the GV300 also has oodles of chrome on its person. The stand-out bits on the motorcycle include the black powder-coated engine and alloy wheels. A 26.6PS/23.5Nm 275cc oil-cooled V-twin motor powers the GV300. There are ABS-equipped disc brakes on both ends. Expect the Hyosung GV300 to be priced around the Rs 3 lakh mark, when it goes on sale in May 2016.
Following the launch of the Hyosung GV300 is the new GT300R sportsbike. This motorcycle was also unveiled at the EICMA 2015 and will most likely replace the GT250R. The design looks sharper than what we have seen on the Hyosung GT250R. The engine is the same as in the FV300 but in a retuned state. In the GT300R, it makes 28PS/23.5Nm. ABS is standard. It should be launched around June 2016.
Joining the Hyosung GT300R at the showroooms will be the crisper-looking GT650R. It produces a tad lesser power at 73.68PS than before (74.4PS) but is lighter and claimed to be more efficient as well.
Shirish said that the GD450 will most likely be launched in late 2016 or early 2017. The single-cylinder 449cc liquid-cooled engine makes 50PS/47.7Nm.
For the full interview with Shirish Kulkarni, click here
Starts Rs 3,38,600
Starts Rs 4,79,000
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block