Ducati 1299 Superleggera launched in India at Rs 1.12 crore
Unveiled at the EICMA 2016, the Ducati 1299 Superleggera quickly became the talk of the town. Not only does it look super sexy but also has a spec sheet to match. Ducati India showrooms are now accepting bookings for the 1299 Superleggera. The motorcycle is priced at a jaw-dropping Rs 1.12 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi). Yes, that is a lot of money for a motorcycle. However, the specifications of the Ducati 1299 Superleggera are equally jaw-dropping.
This exotic Ducati is the first production motorcycle to get a carbon-fibre swingarm, monocoque frame, fairing and wheels. The engine and the fuel tank get aluminium and titanium bits to keep the overall weight as low as possible. Even the screws are of titanium and this restricted the kerb weight of the 1299 Superleggera to just 167 kilograms.
The Ducati 1299 Superleggera is powered by a 1,285cc L-twin Superquadro engine that makes 215PS and 146.5Nm of torque. This is the most powerful twin-cylinder engine manufactured by Ducati on a production motorcycle. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox which gets a quickshifter. To allow the rider to exploit the power, it comes equipped with Bosch Cornering ABS system, Ducati Slide Control, Ducati Power Launch and a 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) combined with Ducati Traction Control.
The front suspension is a fully adjustable 43mm Ohlins FL936 unit, while the rear one is a fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 330mm discs with four-pot Brembo M50 monobloc callipers at the front and a 245mm disc at the rear. Ducati will manufacture only 500 units of the 1299 Superleggera.
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh