Ducati 1299 Superleggera launched in India at Rs 1.12 crore
Unveiled at the EICMA 2016, the Ducati 1299 Superleggera quickly became the talk of the town. Not only does it look super sexy but also has a spec sheet to match. Ducati India showrooms are now accepting bookings for the 1299 Superleggera. The motorcycle is priced at a jaw-dropping Rs 1.12 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi). Yes, that is a lot of money for a motorcycle. However, the specifications of the Ducati 1299 Superleggera are equally jaw-dropping.
This exotic Ducati is the first production motorcycle to get a carbon-fibre swingarm, monocoque frame, fairing and wheels. The engine and the fuel tank get aluminium and titanium bits to keep the overall weight as low as possible. Even the screws are of titanium and this restricted the kerb weight of the 1299 Superleggera to just 167 kilograms.
The Ducati 1299 Superleggera is powered by a 1,285cc L-twin Superquadro engine that makes 215PS and 146.5Nm of torque. This is the most powerful twin-cylinder engine manufactured by Ducati on a production motorcycle. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox which gets a quickshifter. To allow the rider to exploit the power, it comes equipped with Bosch Cornering ABS system, Ducati Slide Control, Ducati Power Launch and a 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) combined with Ducati Traction Control.
The front suspension is a fully adjustable 43mm Ohlins FL936 unit, while the rear one is a fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 330mm discs with four-pot Brembo M50 monobloc callipers at the front and a 245mm disc at the rear. Ducati will manufacture only 500 units of the 1299 Superleggera.
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open