Ducati 1299 Superleggera worth Rs 1.12 crore delivered in India
When it is any news about a Ducati superbike, it is a given that high performance is a standard trait. However, the Italian motorcycle manufacturer pushed its limits to the maximum by bringing the 1299 Superleggera, the most exotic and powerful twin-cylinder motorcycle that the brand has ever made. Ducati opened the bookings of the 1299 Superleggera earlier this year. Now the motorcycle manufacturer has delivered its first unit to Vikram Oberoi who also owns a 1299 Panigale S, 916 and the Ducati 1098.
The Ducati 1299 Superleggera is the brand's first production motorcycle to have a carbon-fibre monocoque, single-sided swingarm, rear subframe, fairing and carbon-fibre wheels with aluminium hubs. In order to keep the weight as light as possible, the engine and the fuel tank get aluminium and titanium bits.
As the name suggests, the Superleggera is extremely light weight at just 167kg. It is powered by a 1,285cc L-twin Superquadro engine that makes 215PS and 146.5Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with quick shifter. It also comes equipped with Bosch Cornering ABS system, Ducati Slide Control, Ducati Power Launch and a 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU) combined with Ducati Traction Control. The front suspension is a fully adjustable 43mm Ohlins FL936 unit, while the rear one is a fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Braking duties are taken care of by twin 330mm discs with four-pot Brembo M50 Monobloc callipers at the front and a 245mm disc at the rear.
The BMW HP4 Race
The price of Rs 1.12 crore might seem too expensive for a motorcycle with a performance like this. Interestingly, it is not the most expensive two-wheeler on sale in India. For a cool Rs 1.30 crore, ex-showroom, you can get yourself a BMW HP4 Race. A motorcycle that comes with carbon-fibre frame and weighs 4kg lighter than the regular model. At 171kg, it is a mere 4kg more than the Ducati 1299 Superleggera. In terms of performance, this one too makes 215PS and generates 121Nm of torque. It should be noted that while the Ducati 1299 Superleggera is a street-legal motorcycle, the BMW HP4 Race is a track-only machine.
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India