Ducati India to launch the Monster 797 and Multistrada 950 on June 14, 2017
The wait is finally over as Ducati India has announced that it will launch the new Monster 797 and the Multistrada 950 on June 14, 2017. The two models are aimed squarely at those who want to enter the world of Ducati's street or adventure motorcycles. As far as prices are concerned, we had reported earlier that we had received prices of all new Ducati's headed to India. As per that report, the Monster 797 will cost Rs 10.41 lakh while the Multistrada 950 will set you back by Rs 15.12 lakh. These prices are on-road in Mumbai.
The Monster 797 sits at the base of the Monster range and is aimed at both new and experienced riders. The bike was first showcased at the 2016 EICMA in Milan, Italy, and we got a chance to sample the 797 in Bangkok, Thailand as part of the Ducati Riding Experience (DRE).
We were impressed with how friendly the Monster 797 felt, and it does make a strong case for itself as a beginner bike for those who aim to own a big-capacity motorcycle.
The Monster 797 is powered by an 803cc, air-cooled, L-twin motor that produces 75PS at 8,250rpm and 68.3Nm at 5,750rpm.
The Multistrada 950 was also showcased at ECIMA 2016 and it is the smallest Multistrada yet. It shares most of the body work with its elder sibling, the Multistrada 1200 S, but parts such as the swingarm, exhaust can and seats are derived from the larger Multistrada Enduro. The 950 also does not get the cool LED headlamps that's present on the bigger Multistradas.
The 950 does get a host of electronics such as eight-level traction control and three-level Bosch ABS and four riding modes - Touring, Sport, Urban and Enduro.
It is powered by a 937cc V-twin that produces 113PS. The motor is shared with the 939 Supersport as well as the Hypermotard and Hyperstrada 939.
Starts Rs 12,84,000
Starts Rs 8,08,000
- News2020 Honda CD 110 Dream launched for Rs 62,729
- NewsCoronavirus impact: BMW Group India resumes operation at its plant in Chennai
- NewsFMSCI nominates CS Santosh and Aishwarya Pissay for consideration for Arjuna Award
- NewsRefreshed Kia Seltos with more features launched at Rs 9.89 lakh
- NewsToyota Fortuner facelift international unveil expected on June 4
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!