Ducati issues recall for Panigale V4 in USA, India models unaffected
Ducati has issued two recalls for its Panigale range of motorcycles in the US market. This covers Panigale V4, Panigale V4 S, and the Panigale V4 Speciale.
Ducati says the issue is with the Panigale's fuel delivery system in a few isolated units. Ducati states the breathing system valve plug may leak fuel if the O-ring was damaged during the motorcycle's production, which led to the first recall. The second recall has been announced owing to a faulty fuel tank cap which does not close properly. This means depending on the temperature outside the tank and inside, there could be pressure differential inside the tank, which could result in a pressure difference and fuel being sprayed out once opened.
This will cover 692 units in the US market and Indian models remain unaffected. The second lot of Panigale bookings began in April and deliveries only begin in July, by when these issues will be solved.
Powering the all-new Ducati Panigale V4 is the new Desmosedici Stradale V4 as the name suggests, is a 4-cylinder and is very similar to the MotoGP engine. Ducati has kept the 81mm bore but increased the swept volume to make it a 1100cc to help with more road-going torque. The new engine makes 214PS at 13,000rpm and 124Nm of torque between 8,750rpm to 12,250rpm.
The Panigale V4's standard equipment includes launch control, a quick shift function, ABS, traction control, slide control, full-LED headlight with DRLs, Sachs steering damper, quick control selection, automatic switch-off of turn signals. Additionally, the V4 S gets uprated Öhlins suspension and steering dampers and higher quality components like Marchesini aluminium forged wheels and lithium-ion battery.
Starts Rs 14,57,000
Starts Rs 20,57,000
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019