Ducati organizing an around-the-world road trip
Ducati as a marque, has always been known to take their biking very seriously. But, when we heard of their elaborate plans for their upcoming 90th birthday, we were certainly taken by surprise. The legendary Italian motorcycle manufacturer plans to host a relay-type road trip around the world, named Globetrotter 90°, for which only seven riders will be selected. The road trip commences on July 4, 2016.
The journey starts at Borgo Panigale in Italy, goes along the Trans-Siberian highway and then into Japanese territory. The journey then continues across the United States, steps into Europe, and comes full circle by heading back to Borgo Panigale via the Futa pass. Each rider will tackle the excursion on a Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro. Registrations for the event opened on April 13, 2016 and will close on June 1, 2016, with a multitude of criteria for selection. Some of the obvious requirements are a valid riding license to ride the Multistrada 1200 Enduro and sufficient long-distance riding experience. On the more scrutinising side of things, the rider will need to have a well-known blog of their own, or have an editorial position to publish the writings of their travels.
To apply, riders can go to Ducati's page for the Globetrotter 90°, where they will have to fill out and submit a form. Ducati will contact 14 of those applicants to take on a final series of tests, out of which seven will be selected for the event.
If you think you've got what it takes, go ahead and apply here.
Starts Rs 18,05,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6