Ducati Scrambler Mach 2.0 launched in India at Rs 8.52 lakh
Ducati has launched the Scrambler Mach 2.0 in India, the latest version of its Scrambler. The Mach 2.0 features a distinctive paint job, courtesy Californian designer Rolands Sands, to distinguish itself from the rest of the Scrambler family. While the paint job is aimed at offering an American feel, the name of the Scrambler Mach 2.0 is inspired by the Ducati Mach 1 that was launched way back in 1965. The Ducati Mach 1 was a single-cylinder engined 250cc motorcycle and used the same engine as the Scrambler 250. The Mach 1 was the fastest 250 of its time and was capable of hitting speeds of over 160kmph.
The Ducati Mach 2.0 is an ode of sorts to the Ducati Mach 1 250 that was the fastest 250 of its time and was capable of hitting speeds above 160kmph
The ergonomics on the Ducati Scrambler Mach 2.0 are slightly different from other Scramblers, as it gets lower and tapered aluminium handlebars along with a flack-track seat to accentuate the American, flat-tracker like feel. The exhaust and cylinder heads on the Scrambler Mach 2.0 are finished in black and the engine also gets brushed cooling fins. Essentially a cosmetically-different variant, the Scrambler Mach 2.0 is identical to the rest of the Scrambler family when it comes to the power train, chassis, suspension and other cycle parts. It is powered by the same, air-cooled 803cc V-twin engine that produces 73PS and 67Nm.
The Ducati Scrambler Mach 2.0's paint scheme has been created by noted Californian designer Roland Sands
Priced at Rs 8.52 lakh ex-showroom, the Ducati Scrambler Mach 2.0 is the sixth variant of the Scrambler to be launched in the country, after the Scrambler Icon, Scrambler Desert Sled, Scrambler Classic, Scrambler Full Throttle and Scrambler Café Racer.
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore