Ducati Streetfighter V4 prototype unveiled - set to take on Pikes Peak Hill Climb
The Italian motorcycle maker has officially taken the wraps off the Ducati Streetfighter V4. Essentially, the Panigales got the Ducati's V4 engines, however, the Streetfighter V4 is the first naked motorcycle from Ducati to get a V4 engine. No specifications are out yet, other than the naked motorcycle being equipped with a 1100cc Desmosedici engine. Though it is safe to believe that the Streetfighter V4 will get a little milder state of tune but will easily breach the 185PS mark. Should the BMW S 1000 R and the Aprilia RSV4 Tuono Factory worry?
This will be only answered when the Ducati Streetfighter V4 will make an attempt to climb the Pikes Peak on June 30. Carlin Dunne, winner of the 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) will be piloting the prototype racing the clouds.
The official launch of the Ducati Streetfighter V4 has been slated for 2020, by then we'll know how it looks. So far the motorcycle sports a livery unseen on any of the Ducatis. The bike gets an Akrapovic exhaust system and slick tyres. The subframe and the fuel tank would look familiar as they have been borrowed from its fully-faired sibling - Ducati Panigale. As the Panigale, the engine is a stressed member in the Streetfighter V4 and it offers a relatively upright riding posture - courtesy a flat and wide handlebar. The Streetfighter V4 will be launched in 2020 and will land in the Indian market by the second half of next year.
Starts Rs 21,29,000
Starts Rs 16,45,000
Starts Rs 11,99,000
Starts Rs 14,57,000
- News2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled internationally - is all new in its C8 avatar
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross Concept showcased at Indonesia International Auto Show
- NewsSecond generation Hyundai Grand i10 hatchback spotted - India launch August 20
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Ishaan Dodhiwala picks up maiden ITC win
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Round 2 kicks off with Pratik Sonawane win in Ameo Cup