Ducati teases a new Scrambler, to be unveiled on September 10
Ducati has released a teaser image of a new Scrambler that is set to debut on September 10. Considering the fact that the Scrambler 800 was launched in 2015, this can be the updated Scrambler. While it is just a speculation for now, we believe Ducati will showcase the 2018 Scrambler at the Intermot show scheduled to take place later this year. The Italian motorcycle manufacturer has already started social campaigns around the same with #Joyvolution.
Ducati has already started social campaign around the new Scrambler
The Scrambler range is quite vast and consists of all possible iterations that one can think of on it. From the looks of the it, the Ducati Scrambler 800 will undergo a design upgrade for sure which can be seen with some of the restyled components. We also believe that Ducati will update the 803cc motor and make it more powerful and torquey than before, to bring in more excitement to the junior Scrambler. A significant upgrade should justify the Scrambler 800 entering its fifth year in 2019.
Ducati might also look at making a Desert Sled version of the larger Scrambler 1100 to take on the upcoming Triumph Scrambler 1200. The latter will be based on the Triumph Bonneville range and will come with a host of electronics. Ducati too, if confirms working on the Desert Sled 1100, should equip it with more tech, features and price it competitively unlike its 800cc version. We have already ridden the Ducati Scrambler 1100 and here are our initial impressions.
Starts Rs 7,23,000
Starts Rs 10,91,000
Starts Rs 11,11,500
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show