Eagle Spyder GT is now available in limited numbers
Eagle is one of the most famous and widely respected restorers of Jaguar E-Type models. The UK-based company also offers replicas based on the E-Type like the Eagle E-Type, Eagle Speedster and Eagle Low Drag GT. Now Eagle has introduced the Spyder GT which was first announced at the 2016 London Classic Car Show. As expected, the Spyder GT is an original Jaguar E-Type restored to full glory by Eagle. The fourth Eagle special edition is priced at £695,000 (Rs 5.91 crore) excluding taxes, and only up to six units will be made.
The Eagle Spyder GT is powered by a 4.7-litre XK engine which makes 330PS and 460Nm of torque. Eagle claims that the car tips the scales at just 1,029kg. The company has carried out exhaustive weight-saving measures which include an aluminium monocoque, aluminium gearbox, aluminium engine block and magnesium components. The Spyder GT gets a folding roof to ensure occupants can remain comfortable when the weather turns bad.
Eagle says that apart from being one of the 'most exclusive hand-built cars', the Spyder GT will offer buyers extensive options to choose from. The aluminium monocoque gets deeper sills, a lower floor pan and wider wheel arches along with custom 16-inch wheels. Eagle claims the Spyder GT can sprint from 0 to 96kmph in under five seconds and attain a top speed of over 273kmph.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India