EICMA 2012 - Aprilia Caponord 1200
The Aprillia Caponord 1200 is an adventure bike that is aimed at the BMW R1200 GS Adventure, Triumph Tiger and Ducati Multistrada but is bit more road biased and perhaps a direct competitor to the Multistrada. Like the Ducati, power comes from a 90-degree V-twin engine. Peak power of 128PS is produced at 8700rpm while the engine churns out 115Nm of torque at 7200rpm. Impressive numbers but below the Ducati's 150PS. In addition to the regular touring features like cruise control, ABS, traction control and an adjustable windscreen, the Caponord also features semi active suspension.
The system called Aprillia Dynamic Damping system works similarly to Ducati's Sky Hook system by reading data off sensors in the wheel and automatically adjusting damping settings.
- NewsAll-electric 2,000PS Lotus Evija hypercar details revealed, takes on Pininfarina Battista and Rimac C_Two
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF Moto GP edition launched for the price of Rs 1.1 lakh
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R street-naked motorcycle gets another price hike - will cost Rs 91,900
- NewsHero Xtreme 200S fully-faired motorcycle gets a price hike in India
- NewsKia Seltos SUV garners over 6000 bookings on the first day - launch on August 22