EICMA 2012 - Aprilia Caponord 1200
The Aprillia Caponord 1200 is an adventure bike that is aimed at the BMW R1200 GS Adventure, Triumph Tiger and Ducati Multistrada but is bit more road biased and perhaps a direct competitor to the Multistrada. Like the Ducati, power comes from a 90-degree V-twin engine. Peak power of 128PS is produced at 8700rpm while the engine churns out 115Nm of torque at 7200rpm. Impressive numbers but below the Ducati's 150PS. In addition to the regular touring features like cruise control, ABS, traction control and an adjustable windscreen, the Caponord also features semi active suspension.
The system called Aprillia Dynamic Damping system works similarly to Ducati's Sky Hook system by reading data off sensors in the wheel and automatically adjusting damping settings.
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Mahindra to showcase four electric vehicles
- FeaturesDakar 2020: Kings of the dunes
- Review2020 Audi Q8 road test review
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Great Wall Motor to make its India debut with Haval Concept H
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Mercedes-Benz to launch V-Class Marco Polo luxury camper on Feb 6